Shrimp and Grits
When ever you want to add spice to your meal, try one of our recipes.
• 4 cups water
• 1 cup stone-ground grits
• 3 tablespoons butter
• 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
• 6 to 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms, optional
• 1 ½ pounds shrimp, peeled and cleaned
• ½ cup sliced green onions
• 1 can (14 ½ ounces) diced tomatoes
• ½ teaspoon Ashanti Cajun Seasoned Salt
• dash garlic powder
• dash Ashanti Hot sauce
• salt and ground black pepper, to taste
Bring water to a boil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add grits and cook until water is absorbed, about 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in butter and cheese. In a large skillet, sauté mushrooms until just tender, adding a little oil or butter if needed; add shrimp and cook for 1 minute.
Add green onions; continue cooking for about 1 minute. Add tomatoes, Ashanti Cajun Seasoned Salt, and a dash of garlic powder. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 1 to 2 minutes, or until shrimp is cooked through and liquid has reduced and slightly thickened. Add pepper, salt, and Ashanti Hot
Sauce, to taste.
Your cart is empty.